Mushrooms are very good remedy for controlling cholestrol.Mostly I will try to prepare it weekly .This time ,wanted to prepare kuruma or a thick curry.I had a can of coconut milk in my fridge.So made this dish creamy ,by adding it.We can also use home made coconut milk.Made this for chapathis and it went really good for our dinner.Rohith likes mushroms a lot.Its kids friendly too....
1.Mushroom - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1 (big)
3.Tomatoes - 2
4.Green chillies - 2
5.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp
7.Coconut milk - 1 cup
8.G&G paste - 1 tsp
9.Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
10.Curry leaves - 1 spring
11.Cilantro - hand ful
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with curry leaves and fennel seeds.
* Add chopped onion and slit green chillies.
* When the onion oozes out oil,add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle some salt.
* Now add G&G paste and saute till it looses it raw smell.
* Cover and cook for 3 mins or untill the tomatoes gets mashed up.
* Now add the washed mushrooms and give it a toss.
* Slowly add turmeric pwdr ,chilli pwdr and mix it real good.
* If u want the gravy to be thick, then add the coconut milk now .
* Bring it to boil and garnish with cilantro.
If u r going to serve this for guests, just add 1 tbsp of ghee at the end and serve .The other way to impress them is add ghee for seasoning itself.This gives the dish a wonderful aroma.
To makeit thicker , i hav used canned coconut milk.