KFC chickens are everyone's favourite.But I used to wonder,how they make it.I used to marinate the chicken and coat it with bread crumbs.But ,the juicyness was missing.When I was going thru sites ,got this incredible idea.Yes.marinating the chicken in masala water,made the chicken juicier . Geetha of "En samayal araiyil",has shown the exact procedure.Inspired by her preparation,bookmarked it.Fearing to try it with a whole pad of drumsticks,bought whole chicken and tried with the two drumsticks alone.It came out really well.The chicken was crispy outside and juicy inside.Give it a try, u will never go fo KFC again....ha ha ha.
1.Chicken drumsticks - 2
2.G&G paste - 1 tsp
3.Chilli pwdr - 2 tsp
4.salt - 1/4 tsp
5.Coriander leaves - as needed
For Egg coating:
1.Egg white - 2
2.Chilli pwdr - 1/2 tsp
3.Pepper pwdr - 1 tsp
4.Orange color - a pinch
Dry Coating :
1.All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
2.Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
3.Salt - 1/4 tsp
* Wash and slit the drumsticks in fleshy areas,for the masala to penetrate.
* Take a bowl , add all the ingredients under "For marination" and place the chicken .Now ,pour water till,the chicken gets immersed in masala .By adding water,masala is absorbed quickly into the chicken.
The chilli pwdr added is purely up to our taste.Leave the marination for atleast 3 hrs.
* Take the egg white in a small bowl,and add all the ingredients under " Egg coating".The chilli pwdr,fully is not absorbed by the chicken,in the marination.To compensate that , I have added it to egg coating mixture.
* Now ,take a a plate and mix all the ingredients under "Dry coating".
* Take the chicken and dip it with egg mixture.Let it get coated fully.
* Now roll,it in the flour-Bread crumbs mixture.The chicken ,shud be coated well with the flour mixture.
* Take a pan and shallow fry the chickens .
* Wipe off with a tissue to remove excess oil.
* Serve hot with ranch or ketch up.
We can also increase the amt of chili pwdr.But usually KFC chicken will not have much spicy.