Basically, I am legume friendly girl.My mom used to give us ,lots of legumes ,in the forms of sundal,gravies ..etc.Having legumes a week will make ur digestive system to have a new head start for the week.Rohith ,was cranky and cudnt go out for play,bcoz of the weather.When I started to take pics,he came forward and helped me with arranging the beans and curry leaves.When we r done,he ran and got his camera and started taking pics.Telling me,"mom dont touch anything" ( I used to tell him ,when I was taking pics:).I cudnt control my laughter.He kept the arrangements,till his dad came for lunch.When my 'H',entered,he rushed said,"Surprise".My H was happy.Hmm atleast I was able to keep him engaged ,while I am working..
1.Mochai or Val beans - 1 cup
2.Green Plantain - 1 medium sized
3.Onion - 1
4.Tomato - 1 1/2
5.Garlic pods - 4
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
7.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
8.Coriander pwdr - 1 tbsp
9.Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
1.Oil - 1 tbsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
4.Methi seeds - 1/2 tsp
5.Curry leaves - 1 spring
* Soak val beans overnight and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
* Chop onion,tomato ,peel - cube, the green plantain and peel the garlic.
* Take a pan,add oil, spluter the seasonings.
* Saute onion with garlic pods and some salt.
* when it becomes translucent,add chopped tomatoes.
* Cover and cook with little more salt.
* Now add cubed green plantain and cook it well.
* When tomatoes becomes mashy, add turmeric,chilli and coriander pwdrs and mix it well.
* Let it loose its raw smell,now add the tamarind juice and bring it to a boil.
* When the gravy is thick,add the cooked val beans and cover and cook for 2 more mins.
* Adjust salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.
To make it flavorful,we can also add coconut milk .
sending this to MLLA #31 hosted by Simona and started by Susan