Chicken 65 is a very famous starter in Tamil Nadu.It has originated from a military canteen.The name ,may be because ,it had contained 65 ingredients in the past.Not sure the exact reason.My husband's fav.But I always feel hesistant to do it ,as it contains oil.My frnds ,started doing this in oven and told me it tastes the same.I was not fully convinced,but when I did this,it is 100 % true.There is no difference in taste ,between oil fried and oven roasted.Since we are brushing enough oil, it tastes better with a smoky flavour.My hubby loved it a lot.
1.chicken - 1 cup
2.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1 /2 tsp
4.Sakthi masala chicken 65 pwdr - 1 tsp
5.G&G paste - 1 tbsp
6.Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
7.oil - 1 tbsp
8.Red color - a pinch
* Wash the chicken pieces and pat it dry on a towel for 5 mins.
* Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients , and marinate for 1 hr.Make sure the marination is dry.
* Pre heat the oven for 450 degrees upto 30 mins.Place the marinated chicken pieces on a aluminium foil covered pan and brush it with oil.
* Cook for another 10 mins and turn it to broil mode.
* Now keep an eye on the chicken,if needed,turn it around.
* After few mins, it wud have turned to reddish brown color.
Take it out from the oven and serve after squeezing some lemon juice.
The reason for using foil is, when chicken starts cooking,it leaves out juices and makes marks on the plate.So its wise to use foil covered trays.
For more Chicken varietites, go here