Fried rice. is the best way to serve veges to our kids,If prepared in a healthier way.I used to prepare ,once in a month.This time, wanted to do chicken version.It was fabulous and went well with oven roasted chicken 65 .Will post the recipe soon.
For Cooking Rice:
1.Basmati rice - 2 cups
2.Water - 3 cups
3.Oil - few drops
1.Onion - 1
2.Garlic - 4 pods
3.Ginger - 1/2 inch
4.Green chillies - 2
5.Carrot - 1
6.Peas - 1/2 cup
7.Colored capsicum - 1/2 cup
8.Spring onions - 1 tbsp (optional)
9.Cilantro - hand full
10.Eggs - 1 (optional)
1.Pepper pwdr - 2 tbsp
2.Ajinomotto - 2 tsp
3.Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
4.Vinegar - 1 tsp
For cooking chicken:
1.Chicken pieces - 1/2 cup
2.G&G paste - 1 tsp
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp
4.Garlic - 4 pods
5.Green chillies - 2
6.Pepper pwdr - 1 tbsp
7.Salt - 1 tsp
* Cook the rice with all the other ingredients and cool it off in a plate for half an hour.I used rice cooker.We can also cook the rice on stove top and strain the water.The ultimate motto is to get non sticky rice.If u have leftovers in ur fridge, then it will be very apt for fried rice.
* Wash and pressure cook the chicken with G&G paste ,salt and turmeric pwdr,for 2 whistles.When the pressure is released,remove the bones and cut into small pieces.
* Grind garlic and green chillies together into a fine paste.Take a pan add very little oil and saute this paste and slowly add the cooked chicken pieces.Adjust pepper and salt to the chicken and keep it aside.
* Slice all the veges,including onion ,ginger and garlic into thin slices.
* Take a wide pan,add oil , saute onion,ginger and garlic slices.
* Now slowly dump in the veges and give it a stir.
* Scrumble egg and add it to the mixture.
* Now slowly add the seasonings and toss it.
* Mix the cooked rice and adjust salt to taste.
* Now sprinkle cooked chicken and spring onions .
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with any dry or ketch up.
For more Indo chinese dishes go here.....