Bottle Gaurd is rich in minerals and ofcourse difficult to make our family have it .We have to do so many jimicks to feed them.My friend sho gave me the idea of adding roasted urad dal.Believe me, it gave the same restaurant style bottle gaurd curry.It tasted heavenly with grinded masala mixture.
1.Bottle gaurd - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1
3.Tomato - 1
4.Green chillies - 2.
5.Moong dal - 1/2 cup
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
1.Coconut - 2 pieces
2.Fried Urad dal - 1 tsp2.
3.Green chilly - 1
4.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
1.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
2.Urad dal - 1 tsp
3.Red chillies - 1
4.Curry leaves - few springs
* Peel and cut the bottle gaurd.Chop onion,slit green chillies.
* Grind all the ingredients under 'For grinding'.
* Pressure cook moong dal with onion,tomato,green chillies ,turmeric pwdr for 3 whistles.
* When moong dal is fully cooked, add bottle gaurd and cook without putting weight.
* Allow ,bottle gaurd to cook fully, now dump in the grinded mixture to the bottle gaurd .
* Mix well and cover it.
* In a separate pan, add oil and splutter with all ingredients under 'for tempering'.
* Now pour the tadka to the bottle gaurd gravy.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot rice or chapathi.
We can also add coconut milk to make it richer.