Stuffed okra ,is the one,which I was longing to prepare.Some how managed, to do it today.I referred saras blog for the recipe.It came out really well.Give it a try...
1.Okras - 1 pound
2.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3.Urad dal - 1 tsp
4.Curry leaves - few springs
5.Cilantro - a spring
6.Pepper pwdr - 1 tsp
7.Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
1.Roasted chana dal ( Udaitha kadalai) - 1 tbsp
2.Red chillies - 5
3.Coconut - 2 pieces
4.Tomato - 1
5.Cilantro - 1 spring
6.Yogurt - 2 tbsp
* Wash the okras and pat it dry.
* Trim both the ends and make a slit in the middle,without breaking it.
* Grind all the ingredients in 'for stuffing' into a fine paste.
* Add desired amt of salt to the mixture.
* Take a small spoon and fill the mixtures into the okras and leave it for 10 to 15 mins.
* Roast the okras by placing the slit-side facing up.
* Slowly flip it over and add a tbsp of oil again and roast it.
* When okras are cooked well,add pepper pwdr and sprinkle some lemon juice.
* Turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro.
* Serve it with hot sambar or curd rice.
Try to roast it in batches and dont cover the pan while cooking.