Lemon rice is one of the variety rices,which we prepare for many festive occasions.Its easy and simple.My son loves it a lot and he names it as yellow rice.Today i had no veges at home, yet to buy it .
Had lemon, so prepared with potato roast.It went well for our lunch.I am giving u a bit different version of preparing, which my friend sheena used to do.I love her preparation.Give it a try ,ull love it too.
For setting the rice:
1.Cooked rice - 1 1/2 cup
2.Lemon juice - 1/2 cup
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
4.Salt - to taste
1.Oil - 1 tbsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
2.Urad dal - 1 tsp
3.Chana dal - 1 tsp
4.Red chillies - 4
5.Curry leaves - 1 spring
6.hing - a pinch
7.Cilantro - for garnishing
* Cook rice with a tsp of oil and spread it on a tray for drying.
* This oil helps te rice to stay non-sticky.
* When the rice is cold, add lemon juice,salt,and turmeric pwdr.
* Let it sit for 10 mins,so that the rice absorbs the lemon flavour well.
* This is will help us to add the juice according to our taste.
* Now take a wide pan add all the ingredients under ' for tempering' except cilantro.
* When the tadka is over, dump in the lemon rice to the pan and mix well.
* When the rice looses ,the raw smell,turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro.
* Serve hot with crispy potato fry.
We can also add fried peanuts for the rice.