Eggs are loved by all and plays a vital role in non vegetarian menu.This curry has boiled eggs marinated in tomato puree, which gives the dish a tangy taste."Egg a day keeps the doc away "-for only kids..,but my hubby will always say this to have an egg daily....Hmm but i have to restrict him to have it twice a week.Egg curry is one of my fav too...lets get into the recipe....
1.Eggs - 4
2.Onion - 1
3.Tomato - 1 1/2
4.Green chillies - 1
5.G&G paste - 1 tsp
6.Red chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
7.Curry leaves - 1 spring
* Boil eggs with a pinch of salt.
* Chop the onion finely and slit green chilly.
* Grind tomatoe and cilantro into a fine paste.
* Take a wide pan,add oil and splutter with mustard seeds, urad dal,curry leaves.
* Saute onion with green chillies and sprinkle some salt.
* Add G&G paste and saute it well with onion.
* Wait untill oil separates from onion..add tomatoe puree.
* Add turmeric pwdr,red chilli pwdr and little salt.
* Cover and cook untill raw smell of the chilli pwdr vanishes.
* Mean while ,peel the egg and make slits into it.This will make the masala to enter the egg.
* Drop the eggs into the gravy and cook for 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot rice.