Parottas are nothing but,layered chapathis.My husband ,will say how he survived with parottas alone, during his inital days of US stay.He loves it very much.Its a bit time consuming process,but its worth trying,for its taste.Our dinner was parotta with paneer tikka masala.The recipe for paneer tikka masala is on its way....This recipe is from Saras kitchen...
1.All Purpose Flour - 3 cups
2.Salt - required
3.Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
4.Oil - 2 tbsp
* Take a large mixing bowl,add all the ingredients and make it into a soft dough.
* Leave it covered ,with a damp cloth for half an hour.
* Now ,divide the dough into equal sizes and roll them into balls.
* Coat it with oil and keep it for 10 mins.
* Roll it into a thing layer of any shape as shown..
* Fold the rolled layer into pleets after applying oil to the layer.
* Roll it into a swirl as shown.
* Press it again,into a medium sized paratha .
* Cook it in a tava ,by sprinkling oil.
* Before serving,take the parottas in a batch and crush them slightly.This helps the parottas to be fluffy and it comes outs flaky......
* Serve hot with any curry.
Sending this to Aipi and Priya's Bookmarked Events