Rasam is a medicinal dish in south india as it helps in digestion.My husband's favourite too.Today my hubby went for a luncheon, so no cooking.I prepared this paruppu rasam , pappadam,and carrot poriyal for my kid.Wow wat goes well with rasam other than pappadam.I am enjoying my lunch.....
Servings : 4 people
1. Toor dal - a handful
2.Tamarind juice - 1 cup
3.Pepper - 1 tsp
4.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
5.Garlic - 1 pod
6.Tomato - 1/2
8.Turmeric pwdr - a pinch
9.Rasam pwdr - 1 tsp
1.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
2.Red chillies - 2
3.Garlic - 1 pod
4.Hing - a pinch
5.Curry leaves - 1 spring
* Pressure cook toor dal and mash it.
* Grind pepper,cumin seeds and garlic pod to a fine paste.
* Take a mixing bowl, add dal, tamarind juice ,crushed tomato ,turmeric pwdr,grinded mixture,salt.
* Add Rasam Pwdr to the bowl and mix well.
* Crush garlic pod for tempering.
* Now take a pan and splutter with ingredients under " Tempering".
* Pour the rasam mixture to the pan and bring it to boil.
* Turn off immediately and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice.