Friday, December 3, 2010

Paruppu Rasam / Dal Soup

Rasam is a medicinal dish in south india as it helps in digestion.My husband's favourite too.Today my hubby went for a luncheon, so no cooking.I prepared this paruppu rasam , pappadam,and carrot poriyal for my kid.Wow wat goes well with rasam other than pappadam.I am enjoying my lunch.....




Servings   :        4  people
Ingredients:
1. Toor dal            -          a handful
2.Tamarind juice    -          1 cup
3.Pepper                -          1 tsp
4.Cumin seeds       -           1 tsp
5.Garlic                 -           1 pod
6.Tomato               -           1/2
7.Cilantro
8.Turmeric pwdr     -          a pinch
9.Rasam pwdr         -          1 tsp

For Tempering:
1.Mustard seeds       -       1/2 tsp
2.Red chillies            -       2
3.Garlic                   -        1 pod
4.Hing                     -        a pinch
5.Curry leaves         -        1 spring


Method:
* Pressure cook toor dal and mash it.
* Grind pepper,cumin seeds and garlic pod to a fine paste.
* Take a mixing bowl, add dal, tamarind juice ,crushed tomato ,turmeric pwdr,grinded mixture,salt.
* Add Rasam Pwdr to the bowl and mix well.
* Crush garlic pod for tempering.
* Now take a pan and splutter with ingredients under " Tempering".
* Pour the rasam mixture to the pan and bring it to boil.
* Turn off immediately and garnish with cilantro.

Serve hot with steamed rice.

12 comments:

Shanavi said...

my favourite...

It's a comforting one esp for this winter...

Loving it...

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious pappu..comforting dal.

aipi said...

Delish rasam, very tempting click!

US Masala

Nithu Bala said...

Rasam is so delicious..my favourite too.

Priya Suresh said...

I can survive with this comforting dal rasam..yumm!

Soumya said...

loved your rasam very much...I am going to try your rasam for today's dinner...hanks Savitha for sharing...

Pappu said...

so comforting rasam:)

Kurinji said...

vasam engavaraikum varuthu...

Priya Sreeram said...

perfect for the rainy weather here !

Pushpa said...

Dal rasam with rice and appalam is my fav,looks yummy.

indianspicemagic said...

Healthy and delicious rasam

Swathi said...

Parippu rasam looks delicious. Don't worry about malayalam I can understand Tamil.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...