Chicken Salna is very famous,street side food in southern Tamilnadu.Its nothing but a chicken marination with coconut blend.It goes very well with parottas.This is my husband's favourite too.I had this in one of my friend's house .With some variations, I tried and it was a hit.Give it a try , ur parottas will vanish just like that.
1.Chicken - 1 pound
2.Onion - 1
3.Green chillies - 6
4.G&G Paste - 1 tbsp
5.Coriander pwdr - 1 tbsp
6.Turmeric Pwdr - 1 tsp
7.Cilantro - few springs
7(a) Curry leaves - 1 spring
8.Whole Garam masala ( 1/2 inch cinnamon,4 cloves,1 tsp fennel seeds)
1.Coconut - 4 pieces
2.Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
3.Cashews - 3 to 4
4.Green chillies - 2
* Wash and cut chicken.Grind the " For Grinding " ingredients and make a fine paste.
* Chop onion and slit green chillies.
* In a pressure cooker, add oil and splutter with curry leanes and whole garam masalas.
* Add Onion and saute with green chillies.
* Sprinkle some salt and cook till it looses its texture.
* Now add chicken and cook till it turns to white color.
* Dump in the G&G paste and and saute it well.
* Now add coriander and turmeric pwdrs and toss it well.
* When the raw smell is eliminated, add the grinded mixture and mix it well.
* Pressure cook , the chicken mixture for 1 whistle .
* Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with parottas,roti,naan..
We can also add the grinded mixture after cooking for 1 whistle.