The two big mistakes I made were,
* Added melted hot butter.
* Mixture was beaten hard after adding flour mixture.
After making several research,I identified the problem areas and prepared it well this time.The muffins were a grand success.Rohith was very happy in preparing the muffins along with me.He was running here and there to celebrate it and distracted me a lot.Hmm wat to do.kids are kids..........
I got around 11 cup cakes ,from these measurements.I have poured more in some liners,if not I wud have got couple of more.
1.All Purpose Flour - 2 cups (320 gms)
2.Bananas - 2 (medium sized)
3.Egg - 1
4.Butter - 1 stick
5.Sugar - 1 cup (160 gms)
6.Baking pwdr - 1/2 tsp
7.Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
8.Salt - 1/4 tsp
9.vanilla extract - 1 tsp
10.Choco chips - 1/2 cup
* Mix ,flour,salt,baking pwdr and baking soda in a bowl, with a whisk.Make sure the mixture is well mixed well, as of in figure 1.
* Peel the bananas and mash it well.I have taken medium sized bananas.The proportion is,for 1 cup flour,1 banana is taken.The bananas shud be ripe enough to make it a blend.
* Take a big bowl ,mix butter and sugar using a blender.The butter shud be in room temperature.We can also melt the butter,but cool it completely before adding.Either way ,we can do it.The only concern is ,it shud not be hot.In my previous attempt,I added hot butter,so my cake was not firm enough.
* Break the egg and add it to the sugar-butter mixture and mix it ,untill it forms white fumes as in the figure 5.I mixed it at the maximum speed.This gives , a great fluffiness to the cake.The more u whisk, the more fluffiness u get in this.
* Now dump in the mashed bananas,vanilla extract and whisk it again to the fullest.As seen , in the pic,my son was very helpful in whisking and he had a good time ,with the hand mixer.
* Slowly mix the flour mixture ,into the bowl.Reduce the speed of the mixer to low.Make sure ,we dont have any lumps ,while blending.Dont mix it ,for more than 3 mins,after adding flour.The less u mix it after adding flour,the cake will br less firm.
* The final mixture is shown in figure 7.Take a muffin tray and place the liners inside the tray.Slowly ,scoop in the mixture upto half of the muffin liners.If u pour more mixture,then our cup cake will over flow.If u dont have muffin liners,no probs,just grease the tray with butter and pour the mixture .
* Top the choco chips on the cup cake as shown in figure 8.We can also ,mix it with the mixture.But I have just topped it.
* Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees for 20 mins.Now place the muffin tray inside the oven and bake it for 15 - 20 mins or untill ur tooth pick comes out clean.
* Remove the cup cakes from the tray and cool it on a wire rack or a plate.We can also decorate the cake with whipped cream.I dont want to add calories,so served just like that.
Sending this to Priya's Veggie /Fruit month, hosted by Aipi
Also sending it to Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen's Bake Off Event