Aloo gobi is a mixture of cauli flower and potato,cooked with masala.This goes very well with rotis,pulkas and pooris.I had little cauli flower and 1 cooked potato as left over.So planned to combine them both and served as a sabzi for rotis.It has a mixed flavours . To give it a nice color,added frozen peas.I like a bowl of sabzi for rotis.This sabzi bowl,vanished withing seconds.....ha ha .Healthy tooo...
1.gobi - 1 cup
2.potato - 1
3.Peas - 1/4 cup
4.Onion - 1
5.Tomato - 1
6.Ginger - 1 tsp (minced)
7.Garlic - 1 tsp (minced)
8.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
9.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
10.Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
* wash and cut the cauli flower into separate florets.
* Boil potato ,peas and cube the potato.
* Chop onion,tomato finely.
* Take a microwave safe bowl and cook cauli flower florets with a dash of salt for 5 mins.
* Take a wide pan ,add oil and splutter with mustard seeds,cumin seeds .
* Saute onion,ginger,garlic.Sprinkle salt to the sautee.
* Dump in the tomatoes and saute till it gets mashed up.
* Add turmeric pwdr,chilli pwdr and give it a toss.
* When the raw smell, dissintergrates,add the cooked cauli flower to the mixture.
* Let it mix well with the masala.
* Finally dump in the boiled peas and potato to the mix and mix it well.
* Sprinkle garam masala.
* Adjust salt to the mixture and garnish with cilantro.