Dal Tadka,is a very easy and simple dish,comes handy when we dont have time for ellaborate cooking.
Its nothing but a tempering of cooked toor dal or moong dal.Usually,kids enjoy this dish a lot ,as it has less spice and healthy too.Today ,my H was not well.So , to feed him a simple side dish for chapathis, I prepared these.For a quite dinner,this tadka is very apt.
1.Toor dal - 1/2 cup
2.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
3.Garlic pods - 3
4.Oil - few drops
1.Oil - 1 tbsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
3.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
4.Pepper corns - 4 to 5
5.Curry leaves - few springs
6.Garlic pods - 1(Crushed)
7.Red chillies - 4
8.Hing - a pinch
9.Cilantro for garnishing
* Pressure cook the toor dal for 3 whistles ,along with turmeric pwdr,garlic and few drops of oil.
* Take a pan and splutter with the seasoning ingredients.
* Pour them into the cooked dal and garnish with cilantro.
* Simple dal tadka is ready .
* It can be served with rotis,rice....
We can also use moong dal .When we use ghee instead of oil for tempering,the flavor doubles.
Sending this entry to MLLA # 30 hosted by Priya and started by Susan
Dish name starts with D " event...