Mutton Pulao is the cousin for mutton biriyani.It has low spice level but high in flavors.My H is a very big fan of mutton biriyani,but since he is recovering from illness,I dont want to give him full spices.This dish came handy as it has less spices.My friend ,sho introduced me this dish and it came really well.An easy recipe ,give it a try ,it wud become ur family's fav...
0.Basmati Rice - 2 cups
1.Mutton - 1 pound
2.Onion - 2
3.Green chillies - 5
4.G&G paste - 1 tbsp
4(a).Coriander pwdr 2 tsp
5.Mint leaves - 1 cup
6.Cilantro - 1 cup
7.Coconut milk - 1 cup
For Seasoning :
1.Cinnamons sticks - 1
2.Cloves - 5
3.Bay leaves - 2
4.Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
5.Ghee - 2 tbsp
* Pressure cook the mutton for 2 whistles,with half tbsp of G&G paste and salt.
* Take it out and separate the mutton from the stock.
* Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15 mins.
* Fry it in the ghee for 3 mins and keep it aside.
* Take a pressure pan ,add ghee,splutter with all the seasoning ingredients ,except ghee.
* Now add chopped onion,slit green chillies and sprinkle some salt.
* When it oozes out oil,add the G&G paste and mix well.
* Now ,add the coriander pwdr,mint leaves,coriander leaves and mix well.When it,looses its raw smell,add the cooked mutton.
* Scald it well.Now add the coconut milk and 3 cups of mutton stock (totally 4 cups) ,and bring it to boil.We can also avoid coconut milk and add the mutton stock alone,but the total is to be always 4 cups for 2 cups of rice.
* Now add the fried basmati rice and pressure cook for 1 whistle and turn it to low for 15 mins.
* Turn it off and transfer it to another bowl and garnish with cilantro.
* Serve it with raitha.