Stuffed capsicum or Bharwan Capsicum is a very famous north Indian dish.It is a spicy stuffing of potato into capsicum.Capsicum is my all time favourite.I wud love to add it in any dish.When potato is stuffed in,the flavor doubles.We can alter the stuffing by paneer also.This goes very well with rotis ,parottas or any bread items.This weekend,I got a chance to prepare this wonderful dish.It went out very well.To be healthy, I prepared it on a oven.We can also cok it on a tava.
For outer layer:
1.Capsicum - 2
2.Oil - 1 tsp
1.Potatoes - 1/2
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Green chillies - 2
4.Garlic pods - 4
5.Carrot - 1/4
6.Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
7.Shredded cheese- 1 tbsp (optional)
8.Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
* Boil the potato,carrot and mash it .
* Take a pan of oil,add chopped onion,green chillies and crushed garlic.
* Saute it well,till it oozes out oil.
* Now dump in the mashed potato-carrot mixture and mix it well.
* Add garam masala and toss it.
* Adjust salt to taste.Sprinkle lemon juice to the mixture.
* Garnish with cilantro.
* Wash and cut the top layer of capsicum,remove the pit,seeds and make it hollow.
* Brush oil in and out of the capsicum.
* Take a sccop full of stuffing and fill it inside the capsicum.
* Now top with shredded cheese and spring onion.
* Pre heat the oven for 400 degrees.
* Place the stuffed capsicum on a tray and bake it for 30 mins or untill the outer layer of capsicum is shrunk.
* In between,brush the capsicum with oil.
* Serve with hot rotis....