Gobi manchuriyan is an Indo-Chinese dish .Its a gravy version of gobi 65 , where gobis are deep fried in oil and added to the gravy.I had this in my mind for a long time back,but now only I got a chance to do it. Its very easy and can be altered according to ur taste buds.
1.Gobi - half head
2.All Purpose flour - 2 tbsp
3.Corn flour - 1 tbsp
4.G&G paste - 1 tsp
5.Soy sauce - 1 tsp
6.Ajinomotto - a pinch
7.Pepper pwdr - 1 tsp
8.Salt - to taste
1.Onion ( chopped) - 1/2
2.Garlic (Crushed) - 4 pods
3.ginger ( Minced ) - 1/2 inch
4.Green chillies (Chopped) - 1
5.Red &yellow bell peppers- 1/2 each ( sliced)
6.corn flour - 1 tsp
7.Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
8.Red chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
9.Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
10.Vinegar - 1 tsp
11.Ajinomotto - a pinch
12.Cilantro - for garnishing
* Wash and separate the florets.Pat it and dry them.
* Make the gravy first,so we can fry the gobis and put it in the gravy.this way the gobis will be crispy.
* Take a pan, add oil, saute onion.
* dont saute it too much,add ginger,garlic and let it loose its pungent smell.
* Now add green chillies,red & Yellow bell peppers.
* Make sure that the peppers are crisp enough.
* Now slowly add all the sauces and give it a stir.
* Add ajinomotto and also u can add pepper pwdr to make it little spicy.
* Now dissolve corn flour in a cup with 2 tbsp of water and pour it into the gravy.
This helps the gravy to be thick.
* Now take a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients under 'for frying' except gobi and form it into a bajji batter by adding little water.
* Dip the gobi florets and deep fry them in oil.
* When all the gobis are fried, immediately add it to the gravy and give it a stir.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with fried rice,noodles or any pulaos.
The sauces added here are according to my taste, u can alter the proportions according to ur taste.
If u dont want ur manchurian to be too thick, then u can reduce the amt of corn flour.