|Egg plant dal!!!|
1.Egg plant - 2
2.Toor dal - 1/2 cup
3.Onion - 1/2
4.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
5.Tamarind - small marble size
0.Ghee - 1 tbsp
1.Garlic - 3 to 4
2.Cmin seeds - 1/4 tsp
3.Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
4.Curry leaves - 1 spring
* Wash and cut the brinjals into cubes.
* Take a pressure cooker add toor dal,brinjal,chopped onions,chilli pwdr and tamarind.
|Ready to get cooked....|
* Remove the pressure , mash brinjal with toor dal and keep it aside.
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Now for tempering, take a pan and add ghee.
* Add chopped garlic ,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves to the pan.
* Once they splutter, add the tempering to the brinjal and mix it well.
Serve it with steamed rice.
Believe me it will surely remind our granny style cooking.Garlic tempering will enhance the flavor to the dish.