|Arisi Paruppu sadham!!!!|
1.Rice - 3/4 cup
2.Toor dal - 3/4 cup
3.Onion - 1
4.Tomato - 1
5.Green chillies - 2
6.Red chillies - 3 to 4
7.Chilli pwdr - 1/4 to 1/2 tbsp (optional)
8.Whole garam masala
* Wash and soak rice & toor dal for half an hour.
* Chop onion ,tomato and slit green chillies.
* In a pressure cooker, add a tbsp of oil and splutter with whole garam masala ( Cinnamom,fennel seeds,cloves) and red chillies.
* Saute onion and green chillies till , they become translucent.
* Dump in the tomato and sprinkle some salt .
* Add turmeric pwdr,chilli pwdr and mix it well.
* When the tomato becomes mushy, add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Now add rice , toor dal and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with pappad or pickle.