Rava kesari is the easiest of all sweets.It can be prepared in no time.Most of Indian wedding parties,will have this sweet.Its a mixture of rava sugar and ghee ,garnished with cashews & raisins.
1.Rava - 1 1/2 cups
2.Sugar - 3 cups
3.Cashews - 1 tbsp
4,Raisins - 1 tbsp
5.Ghee - 4 to 5 tbsp
6.Cardamom pwdr 1 tsp
7.Orange color - a pinch
8.Salt - a pinch
* Take a pan ,add a tbsp of ghee and fry cashews,raisins.
* When the raisins blow like a balloon, remove them.
* In the same pan, roast rava in remaining ghee.
* Remove rava from the pan,when u start getting the roasted aroma of rava or when it turns slight
* Now add 3 cups of water to the pan and drizzle orange color to it.
* Bring it to a boil and slowly sprinkle rava to the boiling water.
* Turn stove to low and let it cook well .
* Dump in sugar to the rava mixture and mix it well.
* Add ghee to it and let it cook.add salt now.
* Adding salt to the dish will enhance the sweetness.
* At certain point, kesari wil start curdling up without sticking to the pan.
* Now its time to turn off the stove.
* Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
The amount of sugar depends on ur taste buds,if u feel it its low,just add half cup more.