Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Secrets of crispy Ulundhu vadai ( Urad dal vada)

Ulundhu vadai is my husband's all time favourite.But when we prepare it ,it wont have its crispness till we serve for guests.I was wondering ,how we get crispy vadas in hotels.I got the answer to this question, when i went for my friend manju's function.Her mom ,gave me this secret of crispy vadai.

Diwali gave me the oppurtunity to prepare vadai.I tried, believe me even my son started asking for vadai more and more.I am thankful for manju's mom,who gave me this secret.



Ulundhu Vadai
Ingredients:
1.Urad dal                             -        1 cup
2.Rice                                    -        1 tbsp
3.Rava                                   -         1 tsp
4.Green chillies                     -         4
5.Ginger                                 -         1/2 inch
6.Onion                                  -         1/2
7.Curry leaves
8.Cilantro

Method:
* Wash and soak urad dal for 1 hour.
* Chop onion,2 green chillies ,curry leaves and cilantro.
* Grind urad dal,rice,ginger and remaining 2 green chillies into a fine batter.
* Try to add little water while grinding.
* Transfer the batter into a bowl and mix it well ,until it gives out bubbles.
* This mixing makes the batter fluffy.
* Add the chopped onion,green chillies,curry leaves and cilantro into the batter.
* At this point, add rava to the batter.This rava makes the vadai retain its crispness.
* Heat oil in a pan.
* Wet ur hand and place a ball of  batter and pat it .
* Slowly drop it in oil.
* Fry the vadai in hot oil.
* Take the vadai out and wipe it off with tissue.
* serve with chutney or sambar.

Believe me this vadai will retain its crispness for atleast 2 to 3 hrs.

3 comments:

Priya Sreeram said...

aahaaa superaa irukku!

Unknown said...

Thanks for ur comments priya....
I just loved ur mysore pa

SouthindianHome said...

Thanks for the tips for crispy Ulundhu vada!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...