Its crispyness makes us crazy .My mom does it very well,We will finish it off ,right from the pan.
Wat a rainy day is ,without a cup of coffee and hot masala vadai? Remembering those days spent on chennai with my family....hmm adhu oru azhagiya mazhaikkalam.
|Crispy masala vadai!!!|
1.Chana dal - 2 cups
2.Onion - 1
3.Green chillies - 7
4.Garlic - 4
5.Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
6.Curry leaves - 1 spring
7.Mint - few springs
8.Cilantro - few springs
* Wash and soak chana dal for 1 hr.
* Add 4 green chillies,1/2 tbsp of fennel seeds ,salt and grind them in two batches.
* The first batch can be grinded finely.
* The second batch has to be grinded coarsely.
* Chop onion,remaining 3 green chillies.
* Crush garlic pods and mince curry leaves,cilantro & mint leaves.
* Take a mixing bowl, add grinded chana dal ,remaining fennel seeds and add all other ingredients.
* Mix them well .
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Divide them into equal sized balls and pat them.
* Fry each patties well in hot oil.
Serve hot with chutney or sauce.