Green plantain crumbles is basically from kerala cuisine.I thought of trying out a different version of plantain podimas.One of my fellow blogger had this recipe.Gave it a try.It has mixed flavor.
1.Green plantain - 2
2.Curry leaves - 1 spring
3.Oil for frying
4.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
1.Rice - 1 1/2 tsp
2.Toor dal - 1 tsp
3.Urad dal - 1 tsp
4.Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
5.Red chillies - 5
* Dry roast the ingredients under 'for grinding'
* Grind them in the blender to a coarse pwdr.
* Wash and cut the plantain into two halves.
* In a pan boil the plantain for 6 to 7 mins.
* Drain the water and cool them.
* Scramble the plantain .( Or u can cut them into cubes).
* In a pan,add oil ,splutter with mustard seeds,curry leaves and hing.
* Add the scrumbles plantain and saute well.
* Once they are cooked, add the grinded mixture to it and toss it.
* Turn off the stove,when it fully cooked.
Serve with rasam or sambar.
U can also cut plantain into cubes ,bcoz some doesnt like their plantain to be scrumbled.