Friday, November 19, 2010

Easy Idli Upma

Idli upma, is a crumbled version of idlis added with onion tempering.I love idli upma lot,but didnt get any chance for cooking that ,as idlis are my husband's enemy.Today my husband went for a dinner party,luckily I had some idlis  left over.I prepared this ,happily.So silly,but still small silly happiness will always move u a lot. After some months , I am having this. The crunchyness of chanan dal will make u feed ur tummy more.I enjoyed a lot having this dish.

Idli Upma!!!
Ingredients:
1.Idlis                     -      3
2.Onion                  -      1/4
3.Green chillies     -      3
4.G&G paste         -      1 tsp  (optional)
5.Cilantro
6.Turmeric pwdr   -      1/4 tsp

For Tempering:
1.Oil                        -      1 tbsp
2.Mustard seeds     -      1 tsp
3.Urad dal               -       1 tsp
4.Chana dal             -       1 tsp
5.Curry leaves

Method:
* Crumble the idlis.
* Chop onion and green chillies finely.
* Take a pan add oil and temper with all ingredients under 'tempering'.
* Dump in the onion to the pan and saute with greed chillies.sprinkle some salt.
* Toss onion with G&G paste.
* Add a tsp of turmeric pwdr.
* Dont cook onion well, it shud be crunchy.
* Now add the idli crumbles and mix well.
* Adjust salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with any chutney.I prefer to eat it just like that.




Idly

9 comments:

aipi said...

Beautiful use of leftovers..lovely color n recipe!
Thanks for visiting me..you have a nice collection here..will be visiting often :)

US Masala

Unknown said...

Thank u aipi...
I loved ur collection a lot.
I will be sending u my entry for virtual party event soon.

Priya Suresh said...

Idli upma, our family favourite dish, just love with coconut chutney...

Unknown said...

Thanks Priya

Pushpa said...

Yummy Idli upma,can have it any day,looks very tempting.

Unknown said...

Thank u for visiting my blog pushpa...

Soumya said...

very comforting dish....excellent presentation....

Priya Sreeram said...

looks yum and the colour is so appealing!

Unknown said...

Thank u sowmya and priya....

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...