Vegetable pulao is a one pot dish and has all the veges mixed together with fresh spices.Its a kind of biriyani,with less spice.Kids will surely enjoy this dish, with the colorful veges.Since I was planning for Thanks Giving Shopping, I cudn't spend much time in cooking.I did this dish with no time....
1.Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cups
2.Potato - 1
3.Carrot - 1
4.Peas - 1 cup
5.Onion - 1
6.Green Chillies - 6
7.G&G Paste - 1 tsp
8.Mint Leaves - 1 cup
9.Cilantro - 1 handful
10.Whole Graram masala- ( 1 inch Cinnaman,4 cardamom,1 tsp of fennel seeds,4 cloves)
* Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 mins
* Chop veges finely.
* chop onion lenth wise,slit green chillies.
* Take a pan add 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of ghee.
* Splutter with whole garam masalas .
* Saute onion, green chillies ,till it oozes out oil.
* Now mix a tsp of G&G paste and mix well.
* When it looses it raw smell, dump in all the veges.
* Sprinkle some salt - for the veges to cook fast.
* When the veges are 3/4 th cooked, add 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
* Sprinkle soaked basmati rice to the mixture and add mint leaves and cilantro.
* Cook for 1 whistle and keep in dhum for 15 mins.
* Once the whistle is released, transfer it to another container, this will prevent the rice from sticking together.
Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with any raitha..