1.Basmati rice - 2 cups
2.Potato - 1
3.Carrot - 1
4.Peas - 1 cup
5.Beans - 1 cup
6.Onion - 1
7.Tomato - 2
8.Green chillies - 4
9.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
10.Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
11.Whole garam masala
* Chop the veges into small pieces.
* Soak peas over night.
* Chop the onions,tomatoes and slit the green chillies.
* Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 mins.
* In a pressure cooker add 1 tbsp of ghee and fry the basmati rice until it turns out light yellow and keep it aside.
* Add some 2 tbsp of oil to the cooker and splutter with whole garam masalas ( cinnamon,cloves,fennel seeds,bay leaf)
* Saute onions and green chillies,until it becomes translucent.
* Dump in the veges and give it a toss.
* Add tomatoes and sprinkle some salt .
* Let the veges get cooked .
* When the veges are half cooked, pour 4 cups of water and bring it a boil.
* Add the fried basmati rice to the mixture and add mint leaves.
* Cover it and cook for 1 whistle.
* Turn the stove to low and keep in dhum for 15 mins.
* Transfer the rice to another container .
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with raitha.
|With Raitha combination|