1.Brinjals - 5
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Green chillies - 2
4.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
5.Whole garam masalas
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
7.Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
8.Tamarind juice - 3/4 cup
9.Jaggery - 1 tbsp (optional)
1.Peanut - 2 tbsp
2.Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
3.Coconut - 2 pieces
1.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
2.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
3.Fenu greek seeds - 1/4 tsp
* Grind all the ingredients under 'for grinding' in a blender and make a fine paste
|Ready to be grinded!!|
* Shallow fry the brinjals and keep it aside as shown.
|Fried brinjals,chopped onion,green chillies and other masalas.|
* Saute the onions and green chillies and when the onion becomes translucent, add the turmeric pwdr,chilli pwdr.Saute it till it looses the raw smell.
* Pour the grinded mixture and giv it a stir.
* When it comes to a boil add tamarind juice as shown.
* Let the gravy becomes thick and now add the fried brinjals.Let the brinjals be soaked in the gravy for 10 mins under low flame. So that the brinjals absorbs the gravy in it.
* Add the jaggery , this will giv the exact taste of muslim wedding dish.
* Adjust salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.