|Chick Pea Brinjal Curry!!!!|
1.Chick peas - 1 cup
2.Brinjal - 3
3.Potato - 1
4.Yam - 1
5.Onion - 1
6.Tomato - 1
7.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
8.Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
9.Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
10.Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
* Pressure cook the chick pea and keep it aside.
* Chop the onions,tomato,yam,potato.
* Slit the brinjal into 4 pieces.
* Take a pan pour some oil and splutter with mustard seeds,cumin seeds,methi seeds,curry leaves.
* Add all the ingredients from 2 thru 8 into the pan and bring it to a boil.
|Boiling in pan......|
* Cover it and cook until all the vegetables are cooked properly.
* Add the boiled chick pea into the pan and mix it well.
* Pour tamarind juice and mix it well.Let it blend into the gravy nicely.
* Adjust salt to taste and add the coconut paste.
* Give it a stir and turn off the stove.
* Garnish with cilantro.
|All Vegetables in a blend.......|
We can have this dish with steamed rice.It is very healthy as it has mixed veges and chick peas.
It just tastes like the dishes,where we wud have had in our grandma's house during vacation.
We can also add ginger to this dish,which will enhance the flavor.