Friday, October 8, 2010
Secrets of soft chapathis
Chapathis are staple food of India ? No, its the staple food of our family. Yes , my dad has diabetes from his 30 th age, so from then chapathi started entering slowly into our happy family and made my dad run for rescue...... ha ha ha . I am just kidding.Everyone in our family started loving it. That too my mother will make it on the flames. It wud be so soft and she wud never use much oil, but still it will be delicious. Though i cannot make chapathis like her, i am doing justice to chapathis by using some oil.
1.Wheat flour or Maida flour - 3 cups
2.Salt - 1 tbsp
3.Sugar - 1 tsp
4. Oil - 3 tbsp
* Take a wide mouthed bowl. Add flour,salt and sugar into the bowl amd mix it well.80 % of oil has to be poured into the mixture in the begining itself. Pour the oil as shown.
* Divide the dough into equal parts. Roll them into small balls.
* Sprinkle some flour and flatten the dough.
* Take a rolling pin and flatten the dough further into a even circle.
* In a tava place the chapathi ,let it cook on one side and get a bubble as shown.
* Slightly apply oil on both the sides.Fold it and serve it with chutney.Chicken curry will be awsome for chapathi.