Friday, October 8, 2010

Secrets of soft chapathis



Chapathis are staple food of India ? No, its the staple food of our family. Yes , my dad has diabetes from his 30 th age, so from then chapathi started entering slowly into our happy family and made my dad run for rescue...... ha ha ha . I am just kidding.Everyone in our family started loving it. That too my mother will make it on the flames. It wud be so soft and she wud never use much oil, but still it will be delicious. Though i cannot make chapathis like her, i am doing justice to chapathis by using some oil.

Ingredients :
1.Wheat flour or Maida flour            -  3 cups
2.Salt                                                 -  1 tbsp
3.Sugar                                              -   1 tsp
4. Oil                                                 -    3 tbsp

Method:
* Take a wide mouthed bowl. Add flour,salt and sugar into the bowl amd mix it well.80 % of oil has to be poured into the mixture in the begining itself. Pour the oil as shown.

* Knead the dough by adding a glass of hot water slowly.At th end coat the dough with some oil.
                                            
      *Cover the dough with wet tissue for half an  hour, as shown.




                             * Divide the dough into equal parts. Roll them into  small balls.


                                   * Sprinkle some flour and flatten the dough.



       * Take a rolling pin and flatten the dough further into a even circle.


    * In a tava place the chapathi ,let it  cook on one side and  get a bubble as shown.

                           * Turn it around , so that the other side gets cooked.


                       
* Slightly apply oil on both the sides.Fold it and serve it with chutney.Chicken curry will be awsome for chapathi.


Chapati on FoodistaChapati

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so oily

Unknown said...

Hello Anonymous,
I have added less enough oil.
We need not add oil while cooking, if we add oil while kneading.

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
I have had a hard time clearing my mind in getting
my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out
how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Thanks!

Visit my web page Spazio Kovan

Ranjani said...

This is an wonderful tip.. It made my chappathi-s really soft.. thanks for the wonderful post..

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...