Friday, October 15, 2010

Mango Chutney ( Mango thokku)

Mango thokku or chutney can be done in n number of ways.I had this dish when I was studying 8 th std in St Mary's Chengalpet.We used to go to a village near chengalpet , to our friend's house. They are from Andhra and has a lot of mango trees around their house.Their Grandma wud go and pluck the mature mango , from the tree and do this dish in stone grinder. Right from their farm to our plates......Wow , I become a  fan to this dish from then.I forgot the recipe, So I asked my mom, she gave me this wonderful recipe. U can just add sesame oil to the steamed rice with this thokku or just have it with chapathis, wonderful.. it will be.



Ingredients:
1.Mango                     -  1
2.Red chillies             -  10
3.Fenugreek seeds      -   1/4 tbsp
4.Mustard seeds         -    1/4 tbsp
5.Oil                           -    3 tbsp
6.Curry leaves


Method:
* Wash and peel the mango. Cut them into cubes.
* Take a blender and add mangoes with red chillies and grind it with a tsp of salt and little water.


* In a pan dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind them into pwdr after cooling.
* In the same pan, add  oil and temper with mustard seeds ,curry leaves and the fenugreek seed pwdr.
* Now add the grinded mango into the pan.


* Saute it till, it oozes out oil.
* Adjust salt to taste and serve with hot rice.



* My husband doesnt like mangoes, but when i serve tis dish with steamed rice, he wud never say no.
No one can say no to this dish. Give it a try u wud also love this as I do.
Green Mango & Mint Chutney

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...