Aviyal is an indian salad , which has all vegetables mixed and has yogurt dressing.This is an authentic Kerala dish . We can add any vegetable to this dish. There is no formal rules for the vegetables to be added in aviyal.
1.Carrot - 1
2.Chow chow - 1
3.Brinjal - 3
4.Ladies Fingure - 5
5.Green chillies - 4
6.Coconut - 3 pieces
7.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
8.Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
* Wash the vegetables and cut them into lengthwise.
* Boil the vegetables in a pan with little water,a pinch of turmeric pwdr and some salt.
* Grind the coconut,cumin seeds and green chillies into a fine paste.
* Add curd to the grinded mixture, as shown.
* In a pan, add coconut oil and saute the boiled vegetables slightly.
* Now add the curd mixture to the slightly sauted vegetables.
* Turn off the stove when the water content is reduced and garnish with cilantro.
* Serve it with hot rice or adai.