|Drowling Fish Curry!!!|
1.Cat fish - 6 to 8 pieces
2.Shallots - 1 cup
3.Tomatoes - 2
4.Garlic pods - 4 to 5
5.Chilli pwdr - 11/2 tbsp
5(a).Coriander pdr - 2 tbsp
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1 tsp
7.Tamarind juice - 1 cup
1.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3.Methi seeds - 1 tsp
4.Vadagam - 1 tbsp
* Cut and wash the fish as shown.
|Washed and cut cat fish.|
* Make the shallots into halves and chop the tomatoes and peel the garlic.
* In a pan add oil and temper with mustard seeds,cumin seeds ,methi seeds,and curry leaves. * Add the Shallots and garlic and saute it untill the shallots loose its texture.
* Dump in the tomatoes into the pan.
* Sprinkle some salt to cook the tomatoes fast.
* Add the turmeric pwdr , chilli pwdr and coriander pwdr .
* Let it loose its raw smell ( Be careful it may turn black at this point).
* Add the tamarind juice into the pan and bring it to a boil.
* When the curry becomes thick, dump in the fish carefully .
* Let it cook for 2 to 3 mins and turn off the stove.
* In another pan add a tsp of oil and temper with vadagam and pour it into the fish curry.
* This vadagam gives a unique flavor to the curry.
* Serve with steamed rice .
Make sure that u dont mix the curry after fish is put into it,as it may brake the fish .