Cabbage can be added with the chana dal and made into a awsome curry.This curry or kootu can be had with rice or roti.My mom used to do for rotis..I love those ...
1.Cabbage - 1/2
2.Chana dal - 1 cup
3.Onion - 1
4.Tomato - 1
5.Green chillies - 4
6.Red chillies - 3
7.Garlic - 3 to 4 pods
8.Chilli pwdr - 1/2 tbsp
9.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
10.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
* Chop the cabbage,onion,tomatoes and green chillies.
* Pressure cook the chana dal.
* Crush the garlic.
* In a pan,add oil and splutter with mustard seeds,cumin seeds ,red chillies and curry leaves.
* Saute the onion and green chillies, till they are transparent.
* Now add the garlic to the pan.
* Add the tomatoes and sprinkle some salt for fast cooking.
* Now dump in the chopped cabbage and saute it well.
* Add the chilli pwdr and mix it well with the cabbage.
* When the chili pwdr is fully cooked ,dump in the chana dal.
* Mix it well with the cabbage mixture and adjust salt to taste.
* Garnish with cilantro.
* Serve it with hot rice or roti.