1.Basmati rice - less than 1/4 cup
2.Milk - 6 cups
3.Sugar - 1/2 cup
4.Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
5.Cardamon pwdr - a pinch
6.Cashews - 1 tbsp
* Soak the basmati rice in water for 5 mins
* In pulse mode,just brake the basmati rice .Make sure it is not broken too much.
* Boil milk in a microwave for 3 mins,
* Add the basmati rice in to the milk .
* Boil it for 8 mins,mixing it for every 2 mins or until the rice is cooked.
* Add sugar to the kheer ,mix it well and place again in microwave for 2 more mins.
* Pour the coconut milk and garish with cardamon pwdr at the end.
* Take one more microwave safe bowl, heat ghee for a minute and fry cashews it it.
* Pour it into the rice kheer.
|Rice kheer with Cashew dressing!!!|
If the rice kheer is too thick,just add hot milk to it.Sugar can be added more or less ,depending on ur taste buds.
Alternatively, we can just add the rice into the milk without breaking it ,but i like it slightly broken.Microave timings are just a guideline,as it may vary from one to another.Cook till it has a payasam consistancy.