1.Chana - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1
3.Tomato - 1
4.Green chillies - 3 to 4
5.chole masala - 1 1/2 tbsp
6.curd - 1 tbsp
9.Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
*Soak the chana over night or for 4 hrs and pressure cook it.
*Chop the onion , tomato and slit the green chillies.
* Take half of the cooked chana and grind it in a blender.
* Take a pan and splutter it with whole garam masalas and curry leaves.
* Saute the onions and green chillies.Saute it with ginger garlic paste.
*When the onion turns brown, add the chopped tomatos.sprinkle some salt.
*When the tomatoes are cooked, add the chole masala and turmeric pwdr.
* After few minutes add the grinded chana and make it a gravy.
* Now add the chana with water.
* Bring it to a boil and add a tbsp of curd.
* Turn off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with Puri and spice it up with onions and lemon.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
I like the big puri elegantly placed in the middle of the plate and added with chole, onion and a thin slice of lemon.Just squeeze the lemon, add onions and mix. Wow when we eat it with a piece of puri ,its mesmerizing..... When we were small, my dad used to take us to "Geetha cafe" in pondy bazaar.And their chole puri is awesome.I wud always wonder how to do . Now i came to know the secret after coming to dallas. I am happy to show u my secret.