She used to make chutneys for chapathis and idlis.Wow the number of chapathis and idlis goes in becomes countless...With a open heart and empty stomach ,I proudly present u, this mint rice ...
1. Basmati rice - 2 cups
2.Mint leaves - 1 cup
3.Onion - 1
4.Green chillies - 6
5.whole garam masalas
6.Cashews ( for garnishing)
* Its a one pot dish.
* Chop the onion lenghthwise and slit the green chillies.
* Wash and grind the mint leaves with 4 green chillies.
* Make into a fine paste as shown.
|Mint and chilli paste|
* Take a pressure cooker pour 1 tsp of ghee and fry the basmati rice for few minutes and keep it aside.
* In the same cooker add oil and splutter with shown whole garam masalas.
|Cinnamon,cloves,bay leaves and fennel seeds|
* Pour the grinded mint & chilli mixture into the cooker and saute it with onions.
|Sauting mint with onion|
* Slowly add the fried basmati rice into the cooker and mix it well.sprinkle salt to taste.
* Let cooker whitles once and keep in dhum for 15 mins in low flame.
* Transfer the rice immediately to another container, this will make the rice non-sticky.
* Garnish with cilantro and fried cashews.