1.Dosa batter - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Green chillies - 3 to 4
4.Ginger - 1/2 inch
5.Chana dal - 1 tsp
6.Urad dal - 1 tsp
|Ingredients to be sauted ...|
* In a pan, add oil and splutter with mustard seeds,urad dal,chana dal and curry leaves.
* Saute the onions till it is soft ( Dont saute it too much).
* Dump in the chilies and minced ginger.
|Giving a toss to the onions...|
* Chop the cilantro and add it into the batter.
* Take a tava and pour a cup of batter and make a small circle.
* Pour oil around the oothappam and cook both sides.
* Serve the crisp oothappam with any chutney.
we can add a tbsp of rice flour paste to the batter ,to make it even more crisper.