All residents of Triplicane,Teynampet, Mylapore , Santhome would agree with me in this. ( Other part of chennai can also be included, i have taken the majority ).I dont remember the day I returned without having bajji there. The mirchis , which we get here ,will have no match in their spice level to those we get in marina. Today I went to indian grocery shop and this mirchi attracted well and it reminded me the days in marina. I just grabbed this oppurtunity to prepare this wonderful dish.
1.Bajji mirchis - 4
2.Besan flour - 1 1/2 cup
3.Ginger - 1 inch
4.Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
5. Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
6. Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
7. Orange color - 1 pinch
8.Baking soda - 1 pinch
10. Rice flour - 2 tbsp
* Wash and cut the chillies as shown.
* Grind the fennel seeds,ginger and garlic into a fine paste.
* This paste wud giv the bajji a unique aroma and taste , so dont skip this .
* Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
* Add water to it slowly and bring to a batter consistancy.
*Dip the mirchis as shown .
* Serve it with ketch up.