|Mutton Biriyani with Egg dressing|
1.Mutton - 1 pound
1 (a).Basmati rice - 21/2 cups
2.Onion - 1( big)
3.Tomatoes - 2 (medium)
4.Green chillies - 5
5.Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
6.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
7.Whole garam masalas
8.Mint leaves - 1 cup
9.Orange color - 1 tsp ( optional)
10.Ghee & oil - 1/4 cup each
* Chop the onion,tomatoes and slit the green chillies.
* In a pressure cooker, cook the mutton with chilli pwdr , turmeric pwdr and 4 cups of water for two whistles.
* separate the mutton from its stock and keep it aside as shown in the figure.
* Wash the basmat rice and soak it for 15 mins. In a pan fry it with a spoon of ghee ( shown in pic).
|Chopped onions,tomatoes,green chillies,fried rice,mutton and mutton stock.|
* Saute the onion and green chillies until it oozes out oil.
* Add Tomatoes and sprinkle some salt.
* When the tomato gets disintergrated, add the mutton pieces and giv it a stir.
|Adding mutton to the gravy.|
* Make sure that there is no water content in the mixture.
* Now measure the mutton stock, it wud be 5 cups.( 1 cup extra-Bcoz mutton wud ooze out water)
* Add the mutton stock to the mixture and giv it a stir.Adjust salt to taste.
* Add the orange color by dissolving it in a tsp of water.Add mint leaves.
|Time to add the rice......|
* Serve hot with baghara baingan and raitha.
|Mutton biriyani,Baghara baingan ,raitha and mutton soup!!!!!!!|
For 1 cup of rice, we can add 2 green chillies and same for the mutton stock.Check out my next post for baghara baingan.