Last Diwali, I did Cashew burfi. It was fun doing that.Its a very easy dish can be done for any occasion.
1.Cashew pwdr - 2 cup
2.sugar - 1 cup
3.Cardamon pwdr - a pinch
4.Butter - 1 tbsp
* Grind the cashews in a blender and make it into pwdr.
* In a bowl add the sugar and add water till it dissolves and keep it in the stove.
* Let the water boil for 8 mins.
*Add the cashew pwdr slowly to the sugar syrup and mix it well
* Turn off the heat and knead the mixture into a dough like consistancy.
* Grease a plate with butter and flatten the dough in to the plate.
* Leave it for half an hour and cut into slices.
* Let it cool for 2 to 3 hrs or until the slices come out very well.