In my previous posting , I have updated spinach dal.Now I am going to give u the slight variation of that.
Its our mother's, home made secret.This dish is very well done in a special vessel , which is known as "Chatti".It gives a unique taste to it.
1.Spinach - 1 kattu
2.Toor dal - 1/2 cup
3.Onion - 1 1/2
4.Tomato - 1
5.Green chillies - 10 (small)
5 (a).Garlic - 3 to 4 pods
6.Red chillies - 3
7.Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
8.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
9.Vadagam - 1 tsp
* In a pressure pan boil the toor dal with a pinch of turmeric pwdr,a tbsp oil, and garlic .
* When the dal is half cooked , add the chopped onions,tomato and green chillies.
* When the mixture is 90% cooked, add the chopped spinach.
* When the spinach turns color , turn it off
* Take a hand mixer and smash the spinach nicely.
* Take a pan and add a tsp of oil, splutter cumin seeds, mustard seeds,curry leaves and vadagam.
* Transfer the spinach masiyal to the pan and mix it well.
* Garnish it with cilantro.
* Serve it with hot rice .