Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cabbage Carrot Fry ( Poriyal)

Thought of cooking cabbage today.I wanted to add color to the dish. When I was checking my fridge,saw carrots sitting there.Added that to the cabbage and  here comes the dish.Its full of nutrients.


Cabbage Carrot Fry!!!


Ingredients:
1.Cabbage                -    1/2
2.Carrots                  -     2
3.Onion                     -    1/2
4.Green chillies         -     4
5.Coconut (shredded) -    1 tbsp(optional)
6.Mustard seeds          -     1 tsp
7.Urad dal                   -     1 tsp
8.Curry leaves
9.Cilantro

Method:
* Chop  onion,green chillies,carrots and cabbage finely.
* Take a pan ,pour oil and splutter with mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.
* Saute the onions,green chillies well and dump in the chopped cabbage and carrot.
* Sprinkle some salt to the cabbage.
* When the cabbage and carrot are cooked,sprinkle the shredded coconut to the mixture.
* Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice .


Yellow and Orange mix...





 

2 comments:

Shanavi said...

Clear picture... Second one is too good

Anonymous said...

Lots of beneficial reading here, many thanks! I was browsing on yahoo when I found your article, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to far more from you.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...